Notes from Seed Community Dinner
3.2.17 @ the Wimberley’s 7:10 pm
Present: Barbette, Roger and Sheila Marsh, Renee
1. Storage unit is getting crowded – looking for costume solution. The adjacent unit is available but also investigating Z-racks on Craig’s list. Still need portable racks for traveling shows..
2. HQ space eventually….
3. Seed Board The goal is to have a working board. Barbette, Jeremy, Carnessa, Née, and Sue committed. Still meeting with potential team members and setting a monthly board meeting time. Also opportunities for committee members. Added 2 new members to the Share the Show team this week!
4. Recent Classes.
- Newton’s Law of Fun (homeschool co-op, Apex)
- Drop in Drama – 2 Acting for the Camera classes (homeschool co-op, Garner)
- Share the Show (Zuccotti Park) at JTP
5. Upcoming Programs scheduled:
- speakUP: Readers Theatre, March 23rd 9am and 1pm
- Share the Show at Sonorous Road/Bare (Dawn Gosney, facilitating)
- Smart Arts: May 8 and 15: Medieval Madness, Newton’s Law of Fun
- Summer Slam poetry camp June 6-8, Christy’s Dance Explosion with “Poetry Slam” at Aversboro Coffee, Garner
6. On Ice. May 6, 5:00 pm Total budget is $2850, Potential revenue (24-35 tickets) $600-$875.00 Sponsorship goal: $1950. $300 donation committed from Myriad Media. Seeking additional help with development to meet with potential corporate and potential sponsors. Still seeking: Production Stage Manager. Contact Nee ASAP if interested.
7. A Night at the COR Museum – Scheduled for the 3rd Saturdays in June, July, August. 3 shows (1.5 hour experience with hands on activity included.) Museum said no to pizza. Tony Pender directing. Show is based on unsolved Raleigh myths and legends. Need a PSM, Education coordinator, Playwright, and 4M/4F Actors. Contact Nee ASAP if interested.
8 Next Seed Supper will be April 20 6:00 our house. (Taco bar) Bring a drink or sweet something to share. Marsh’ should bring zucchini brownies because it’s the right thing to do. RSVP for you and your family.